Cuatro Islas: Nature’s gift to Inopacan

Digyo, one of the islands off the Western Leyte coast. (Photo: Andy Phil Cortes)

If you walk by the shores of Camotes Sea, small islands are a common sight. These four islands, dubbed as Cuatro Islas, are circumscribed by beautiful white sand beaches. Three of these four islands are under the jurisdiction of the municipality of Inopacan.

International and local tourists flock to Cuatro Islas for its beauty comparable to other white sand beaches in the country. Its smallest island, Digyo, is the most popular of these four islands as a tourist destination.

Tags: , , , , , ,

26 Responses to “Cuatro Islas: Nature’s gift to Inopacan”

1. Jameil Magomnang
    May 6, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

Kuya Jed Asaph Cortes? Ikaw naghimo ani nga website? Grabeha nimo uie…Bright pa, hanas pa jud about sa Computer !! While si Kuya Andy, ang photographer? Grabe jud ning mga Cortes uie…Ang imo pud younger sister na si Jan Edrea Cortes (my classmate), mao pud ang first sa amo section sa VL…Grabe mo uie..Sakto gyud pagka breed sa parents duh! By the way..mao ni ang description sa Cuatro Islas…
    Cuatro Islas which means in spanish: Four Islands – is a group of islands belonging to the municipalities of Inopacan and Hindang, in the province of Leyte, Philippines. This group of islands is composed of Apid and Mahaba which belong to the administrative jurisdiction of the municipality of Inopacan while Himokilan and Digyo belong to the administrative jurisdiction of the municipality of Hindang.

• shirley asunto
      May 19, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

Jamiel Magomnang,
      ang Digjo belong to Inopacan…

2. besharkmae
    May 6, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

its really nice for this summer..

3. larry sardina
    May 6, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

dear. inopacanon mabuhay po kayo lahat dyan eh paano po kung pupunta kame dyan may hotel ba dyan oh resorts pa ano ba from manila to leyte nga pala advance happy festa

4. May 6, 2011 at 8:35 pm #

Wow.,., Ka nice sa Website sa Inopacan.,., Nice pagkakuha ang View sa Isla.,.,., White Sand kaayu ang Isla.,.,.,

5. cha-cha
    May 6, 2011 at 8:49 pm #

it is really a beautifull place to go during summer as well as island adventure for this place is gifted…Digyo Island is surrounded by very white sand..When your there your feel like your walking in the clouds…..But how true that this small island belong to the jurisdiction of Hindang?…I thought that its belong to Inopacan…..

Inopac-nons,,,upload more photos for the tourism of our municipality…

6. xhaelly
    May 7, 2011 at 10:04 am #

@besharkmae: indeed. 🙂

7. May 7, 2011 at 10:19 am #

MalaBora ang ganda!!! GRABEH…..sana punta kmi dyan….ahehehe

8. May 10, 2011 at 11:52 am #

Nice jud kaau..!!! Thank you Kuya Derek ug sa imo students.. Congrats sad.. nice jud au ang website.. ako jud ni ipaibog sa ako friends… 🙂

9. May 14, 2011 at 4:04 pm #

ishare ang website sa FB pls……

10. PRINS
    May 16, 2011 at 6:09 pm #

kinsa na a contact num. boat nah mu cater ug island hopping padulong sa digyo island?? i need num pls….

11. dadzskie19
    May 17, 2011 at 10:19 am #

now i can just tell my friends to visit this website to my friends!! this website is a lot of help to me to promote the islas here in inopacan…i always invite them to visit our island but they hesitated because they were not convinced how beautiful our island is..they always said that, it is much nicer if we go to canigao bec. of it’s popularity, esp. to those people who are not from leyte….now i can BOAST our island…..and how freaking beautiful our town is….hahhaha go go go inopacan

12. dadzskie19
    May 17, 2011 at 10:22 am #

kindly upload more pics and more places to visit with here in inopacan…thank you

13. Boy A. Luego
    May 22, 2011 at 3:33 pm #

Tourism industry has played a vital role for progress of any town or city. If these two little islets – Apid and Mahaba belong to the control of Inopacan, then we would like to encourage the leadership of Mayor Lumarda to top our local NGO by putting up possible resorts in the area for tourists and balikbayans this coming 2012 town fiesta.

14. Philip Gutierrez
    September 13, 2011 at 9:32 am #

good day..! ask ko lang po if how to get there from tacloban city and how much yung expenses getting there…thanks!

15. October 13, 2011 at 2:26 am #

GOD BLESS INOPACAN AND IT’S PEOPLE…im so proud of being an INOPACNON…GO .. GO ..INOPACAN LET’S UNITE..AND NOT DIVIDE….. SO BEAUTIFUL,…. FROM OUR MOUNTAINS, RIVERS, SEA AND ISLANDS… MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL ARE THE HEARTS OF ITS PEOPLE…and i just want to say…you did a good job..MR. ANDY PHIL CORTES …YOU DID JUSTICE to our very own jewel..our islands…I MISSED ALL OF YOU…PEACE AND JOY IN OUR HEARTS…..

16. bryan dedal consad
    October 31, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

WOW!!! Something to boast for! I’m a proud offspring of a native Leytenons. My mother is from Inopacan while my father is from Hindang(whose roots came from Sogod and Tomas Oppus in S.Leyte). I look forward visiting this nice place. BTW, whoever happens to be my relative, you may drop me a message thru my email add: bdconsad@gmail.com or add me on facebook. God bless us all!

17. eveliza peteros
    December 21, 2011 at 4:48 am #

what a beautiful Inopacan…let us be proud of our town and its scenery..

18. Cheryl Luego Perandos-Santianez
    April 16, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

Very good job! Long live Inopacnons!!! Viva Sr. San Isidro Labrador!

19. Amor Polo
    May 18, 2012 at 1:31 am #

such a serene, enchanting, captivating view of digyo island… mangaligo ta! whenever I go home my visit wouldn’t be complete if my feet won’t touch the sands of the island…. kudos to the persons behind this website access!!!! inopacnons all over the world will have a chance to take peeks of what’s happening in our beloved town, at the same time promoting the tourism in our locale. salamat ninjo! and keep posting, more postings…. God bless!

ps. please add my subscription, thanks!

20. May 21, 2012 at 11:57 pm #

Hi!

can you provide details like, how much will it cost, boatride or package tour on Digyo Island.
    Just for 2 pax.

I left my email add, your response would be appreciated cos we’re planning to go there this coming july2012 and i dont have any idea for the cost.

Thanks so much!

21. September 17, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

🙂 it’s nice ???

22. Jesher Mañacap
    September 18, 2013 at 10:34 am #

“Slice of a Paradise”…Inopacan!..

23. April 18, 2015 at 5:58 pm #

Thankfulness to my father who told me about this web site, this website is actually remarkable.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Sand, Sun and the Sea - March 24, 2013

[…] the late 90′s with my brother and friends. As our banka was nearing Digyo Island, (one of the Cuatro Islas in Inopacan, Leyte) I was near bursting with excitement. Little did I know that I will one day get married to a guy […]